Pastoral Care is central to the ethos and identity of Our Lady of Dolours School. By providing a strong sense of wellbeing, belonging and security that affirms students in their dignity and worth we assist students to achieve their potential as a human person, physically, socially, intellectually, emotionally and spiritually.
Our pastoral care is supported by:
Positive Behaviour for Learning
Our Lady of Dolours has adopted a whole school approach to bring about positive behaviour; Positive Behaviour for Learning [PBL]. This approach has a strong emphasis on teaching appropriate behaviours and providing systems of support to bring about these positive behaviours.
The Buddy Program
At Our Lady of Dolours our Buddy Program joins a Year 5 student with a Kindergarten student and a Year 6 student with a Year 1 student.
The Aims of our program are:
- To build self esteem
- Promote acceptance of all students
- Promote fun and love of learning
- Give the seniors opportunity to mentor and lead by example
- Create a sense of community across all grades
- To welcome and integrate students with English as a second language