At OLD we recognise and value the role that parents and carers play in the education of their children and aim to strengthen the partnership between family, school, parish and wider community for the benefit of their children’s overall development and learning. In 2020, the OLD parent community are excited to launch the new “Events Committee’ to foster parent engagement in whole school events.
The Events Committee is comprised of a representative from each grade who will work with the parents and carers of their grade level to create enjoyable events for the students and parents at OLD.
- Social Activities
The Events Committee will play an integral part of organising and running social activities that are held throughout the year and normally responsibility is allocated to a particular class for organising. In addition there are certain events that are coordinated by a variety of grades or the parent community from the whole school.
Functions and events that are, or may be, organised by the Events Committee:
- ‘Tea & Tissues’ for our new Kindergarten parents
- Parent’s Night Out – Welcome Drinks
- Shrove Tuesday
- O.L.D. Open Day
- Kindergarten Welcome Morning Tea during the orientation program
- Mothers’ Day Stall & Breakfast
- Fathers’ Day Stall & Breakfast
- Whole School Christmas Events
- Students Disco
- BBQs at school events eg Athletics Carnival
- Whole School Sports Taster Event